Tixel® is a thermo-mechanical heat device used for improving skin texture and firmness. Instead of using lasers, light beams or radio-frequency current, it directly applies a very hot, specially-shaped plate to the skin’s surface for a fraction of a second.
The Tixel® titanium plate has multiple blunt pyramidal projections which contact the surface of the skin for a controlled period of time. The longer it contacts the skin and the stronger the application, the greater the effect on the skin.
The Tixel® device is versatile and has the ability to treat many different indications, including:
Dry Eye Treatment
- Usually there is very little to see after the procedure. There may be some minor, short-term pinkness on your eyelids near the eyelash line and a warm feeling.
- You may experience some minor, temporary blurring of vision due to an increase in the amount and quality of your tears.
- The skin around the eye is thin, therefore there is the potential for some swelling to the treatment area.
- Most patients will have 3 or 4 treatments 2 – 4 weeks apart. Future maintenance treatments will be required with the timing varying with severity of the condition.
Open Channel Treatment
- This is a very low intensity treatment designed to facilitate entry of selected serums into the skin. Only use serums which have been selected for you by your treating practitioner.
- A mild degree of pinkness will occur after the treatment with some tiny dots being barely discernible on the skin’s surface. An appropriate serum will be applied immediately after the treatment and, if suitable, may be reapplied hourly until six hours afterwards.
- Tixel is good for firming and tightening the skin as well as reducing lines and wrinkles and stimulating collagen.
- There will be some redness to the treated skin and minor swelling which usually settles quickly, within days. Makeup or a tinted soothing cream may be worn the following day.
- This is a stronger treatment and will involve a longer period of redness, heat and swelling which may require some emollient balms to be used for a few days post-procedure.