Tixel is not a laser, is a novel non-ablative fractional skin rejuvenation technology that uses thermo-mechanical energy to improve skin’s firmness and texture.
Novoxel’s patented titanium plate is heated to 400 degrees celsius within the handpiece. The titanium plate has 81 blunt pyramidal projections, 24 on a small plate specifically designed for use around the eyes.
The technique is non-invasive with the heated plate being momentarily applied to the skin’s surface. The plates projections do not puncture the skin, but rather create micron sized channels in the skin’s tissue to stimulate new collagen generation.
- It employs a sterile titanium tip
- It has minimal discomfort or pain
- It is not a laser device or injectable
- It does not emit radiation
- It has very low pain without anesthesia
- It does not cause bleeding, blistering, burning or charring of skin tissue
- Itl can be used to treat around the eyes and eyelashes without damage to the eye
- It has a uniform effect
- It heals rapidly therefore requiring limited downtime
- It is suitable for all facial areas including – face, neck, eyes, decolletage and arms
TIXEL Treatment Outcomes: Reduction of …
- fine lines
- acne scarring
- uneven skin pigmentation
- age spots
- dry eye
- skin laxity of eyelids
Tixel Treatment Programs
Open channel – Used in combination with infusion of other cosmeceutical products such as antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, anti pigmentation serums.
Ablative – Aggressive treatment with results similar to CO2 laser resurfacing. Minimal downtime.
Treatment Spacing – It takes approximately 4 weeks for skin to recover, so one treatment per month is recommended
Number for Treatments – 3 – 5 sessions recommended
Tixel Post Treatment Recovery (varies with intensity of treatment)
- 2 to 3 hours: Patience can experience mild erythema and or sunburn sensation
- 3 to 4 hours: Slight swelling and redness
- Up to 48 hours: Downtime is dependant on treatment intensity
- Up to 48 hours: Keep skin makeup free after treatment
- After 3 days: Micro Crusting disappears
- 3 weeks following treatment: Use 50+ sun protection
- After treatments for dry eye, there may be some minor temporary blurring of vision due to the increase in amount and quality of tears produced. Although most will notice improvements after one session, a series of treatments may be required to maximise benefits